Gambling is probably the oldest game in the world. Over time, casino games have evolved, of which today roulette, poker or blackjack are certainly the most famous. Later, slot machines were added, which now allowed for quick fun while waiting for the food order or even in the basement at home. In the meantime, gambling has undergone another change, as it is shifting further and further to the Internet. Of course, this has some advantages for fans from the rural areas, because if you can gamble from home, you don’t have to drive to the nearest arcade or casino. But how can users find the best games online? This article takes a look at that.
Generally, it is true for online casinos that all real casinos also offer the classics. Often even in different variants. Where in the local casino is always the problem that the space is generally limited and the number of poker or roulette tables must be adjusted to the location, these games on the Internet are of course unlimited programmable. Nevertheless, there are differences here:
- Ordinary classics – they usually take place in the game against the computer. The alternative is that players play against each other, but users notice this only to a limited extent.
- Live games – these games take place in a live atmosphere. Casinos with live offerings often have streams from high-class offline casinos and players can now place their bets at the roulette table from the comfort of their couch. With these games, there may be time limits depending on the casino and the live offering may not always be available around the clock.
Those who are interested in the classics should still look a little before signing up. Since the casinos sometimes focus on individual game variants and perhaps do not present many offers of other variants, the respective classic might again not meet the taste of the player.
With slots, the selection is huge
Around the slot games, the Internet is the true paradise for game lovers. Slots lovers know the problem that local arcades mostly cooperate with a certain manufacturer and only set up their machines. But even open casinos and arcades can by no means present all the machines that are available. There is simply not enough space. But on the Internet? Such a slot machine takes up only a few lines of code. And that means players can rejoice:
- Choice – it is simply huge. Players can easily try out games that they would otherwise never get to. Most providers operate with worldwide slots, so players can also play the games in Germany, which are otherwise only offered in Las Vegas. Where you can best enjoy the Merkur games online you can see at Pay by Phone Casinos for Players from the UK.
- Options – especially with slots, there is often the option to choose between “casino with real money” and “casino with points”. Many slot machines are offered in the free version, which of course minimizes the risk. The only problem here is that the player may forget the time from all the fun.
It is always useful to take a look at the game options before registering. Several casinos also offer a test account. This is only valid for a few days, but is sufficient to look behind the scenes.
What else should be considered?
It is usually good to read the experiences of other users before registering. Most online casinos today have already been evaluated in detail by real users, so that players can make a preselection in advance. Otherwise applies:
- Bonus – with any bonus, a little caution is called for. They are paid out by all means, but they are sometimes linked to conditions that require a higher monetary stake from the player than the bonus is worth. For example, if you have to wager a bonus of 100.00 euros ten times, you will first have to deposit 1,000.00 euros. Sometimes the bonuses are linked to time conditions, which can make it difficult to receive the bonus. On the other hand, bonuses that simply double the first deposit or wager an amount on the first deposit are quite unproblematic.
- Availability – yes, online casinos are always available. But it should be looked in advance whether the mobile version of the casino offers all the games that are of interest to the respective player. Sometimes the mobile pages are shortened or some games are difficult to access.
- Odds/withdrawal – at what odds does the casino pay out? Equally important is the payout limit. Some casinos only pay out amounts from 20.00 euros upwards, which naturally forces players to keep playing or forgo the money. In the best case, payouts are made from the first cent.
- Payment methods – how to deposit money, how to withdraw money? Usually it is easier to deposit than to pay out. Since online gambling in Germany is not yet really clarified, larger amounts may possibly cause problems when they are transferred to the account. From a purely legal point of view, banks have to freeze the amounts, but in practice this is currently not happening.
- Security – of course, an online casino should also be encrypted. Most providers operate with EU licenses, which means that they are regulated and controlled. However, security also concerns player and youth protection. A casino that does not carry out any age control except for self-declaration of age, that could also work unclean in other areas. In addition, each player should be able to set a fixed limit in the account. Good casinos limit the game limit additionally.
As a rule, most casinos that have also already been tested are good. Whether they suit the personal taste or offer the games that you want to play yourself, of course, everyone must check for themselves.
The hardest part of finding a good online casino might be the mass of providers. Especially with regard to slots, there are so many offers that a gambler would probably not manage to try out all the games once until the end of the next life. But isn’t that exactly what is so nice about the Internet? Everyone can find their own corner for themselves and those who like to try out live games don’t have to look very far today.